What is Google Tag Manager?
Google Tag Manager (GTM) does exactly what it's name implies. It's a Google product that's primary role is to manages tags. In other words, if you have a Google Ads event, a 3rd party script, or any other piece of code that you need added to your site under certain conditions; GTM is the solution you're looking for. To get started, visit https://tagmanager.google.com/ and create an account.
Adding your GTM container to your Unstack Account
- Open up the Integrations section in Unstack.
- Once here, select the (+) to the right of Google Tag Manager.
- Here you'll be prompted to add your GTM container ID. This ID can be found in the top-right of your container after it's been created. The ID should look similar to GTM-#######
- After pasting that ID, save the integration.
- GTM is now installed on your site!
My GTM Container is 404-ing
If your GTM container is 404-ing, it likely hasn't yet been published. Add something to the container and publish it as a new version. This should resolve the issue.