Results for your A/B tests can be found under the Test Results tab in Insights.
When you get to this page, you'll see a number of columns. The data in those columns represent different things:
- Page, the page where the test was performed
- Test, the name of the test set by the user who began it
- Status, the current status of the test
- active - the test is still running
- ended - the test is finished or was stopped
- Started, the date the test began (yyyy-mm-dd)
- Ended, the date the test finished/stopped (yyyy-mm-dd)
- Variants, SEE BELOW
- Confidence, the percentage confidence that the winning variant is correct.
Variants: To understand the data in this column you need to first understand what is represented here. Put shortly, this column gives an in-depth look at the performances of both 'versions' of the component you're testing:
In the above example, the line highlighted in yellow is the Variant, and the line highlighted in Purple is the Control.
- Control is the 'original version' of the component you're testing
- Variant is the 'changed version' of the component you're testing.
In this cell there are also other metrics mentioned:
- Uniques, or how many unique users have viewed that variant
- Conversions, or how many time a user has completed the set conversion metric
- Conversion Rate, the number of unique users divided by the total number of conversions for that variant
- Winner, whether or not the Variant or the Control was the highest performer during the testing period