If you're not on a paying plan you will not receive SSL or Root Domain Redirection. Due to this, you'll only see one DNS record.
This document has a prerequisite
You'll need to already have completed the steps in our custom domain configuration document.
With the 1-3 records you have within your Unstack settings page, you'll follow these steps.
Here's a run-down of how we'll reference these records in a human-friendly way throughout this document:
|Record Name||Record Type||Record Description|
|WWW Record||CNAME||This record has a HOST of "www" and is named the www record since it hosts/establishes the hosting of your domain.|
|Root Domain Record||A Record||This record has a HOST of either nothing (blank) or "@" depending on your host. Within GoDaddy, you'll use "@."|
|SSL Record||CNAME||This record has a HOST which begins with an underscore (_) you'll need to verify the HOST and VALUE are both correct.|
- Sign in to Google Domains and click the domain you want to update.
- Open the menu , and Click the DNS icon .
- Scroll to the Custom resource records section. Set the custom resource record type your web host requires.
- For each record, enter the required subdomain, and select the record in the dropdown menu.
- In the TTL field, enter "1H", enter the IP address on your Unstack settings page under "Value" in the Data field, and click Add.
If you need help, please reference this document from Google and contact the Google Domains support team.
If a ___ record with that host already exists, that means that this host is already present as a DNS record within your Google account. Unstack cannot advise on the deletion of records. (1) contact your technical manager for help in deleting the issue-causing record(s) or (2) contact Google Domains support for further help.
Please sign in to leave a comment.