If you're not on a paying plan you will not receive SSL or Root Domain Redirection. Due to this, you'll only see one DNS record.
This document has a prerequisite
You'll need to already have completed the steps in our custom domain configuration document.
With the 1-3 records you have within your Unstack settings page, you'll follow these steps. You'll want to note down the records you'd received from Unstack as we'll be copying and pasting them into GoDaddy.
Here's a run-down of how we'll reference these records in a human-friendly way throughout this document:
|Record Name||Record Type||Record Description|
|WWW Record||CNAME||This record has a HOST of "www" and is named the www record since it hosts/establishes the hosting of your domain.|
|Root Domain Record||A Record||This record has a HOST of either nothing (blank) or "@" depending on your host. Within GoDaddy, you'll use "@."|
|SSL Record||CNAME||This record has a HOST which begins with an underscore (_) you'll need to verify the HOST and VALUE are both correct.|
- Navigate to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center.
- Select the domain you're connecting to access its domain setting page.
- Under "Additional Settings" select "Manage DNS."
- Follow these steps for each of the 1-3 records:
- Select "Add" under the table of records
- Select the record type, for WWW Record and SSL Record this will be "CNAME" and for the Root Domain Record this will be "A Record"
- Input the "Host" or "Name" value which you can find in your Unstack settings page within the records table:
- Input the "Points to" or "Value" into the next input which may also be found within your Unstack settings page within the records table:
- Set the TTL (time-to-live) to any time. We suggest the shortest period of time, however, we do not have a specific advisory nor best practice when it comes to TTL.
- Once you've completed this configuration it may take 24-48 hours for your domain connection to finalize and be recognized as "Properly configured" within Unstack.